Join Peg Abbott of Naturalist Journeys for a Birds and Vineyards Tour of Southeast Arizona November 7, 8, 9 and 10, 2914, Bob Behrstock will guide yoru tour of some of the best birding locations and vineyards throughout the Sulphur Springs Valley. The Itinerary:
- Friday, November 7: Arrive at your leisure and settle in at Casa de San Pedro. Enjoy local birding and indulge in hors d’oevres and wine followed by a BBQ dinner hosted by Karl and Patrick at the Casa..
- Saturday, November 8: After a great breakfast head out for the day to spot raptors int he Sulphur Springs Valley. Explore the Wilcox Playa. Discover the region’s kaleidoscope of wines at Flying Leap Winery. Lunch at the Winery, Complete your day of birding adventures with an authentic Mexican dinner by Elvia at the Casa.
- Sunday, November 9 :Enjoy another of the Casa's great breakfasts to start your day off right. Then depart for the day to explore the vibrant Whitewater Draw Wildlife Area. Enjoy Bald Eagles and hard to find Short, Long eared and Great Horned Owl. Conclude with a wine pairing dinner with Chef Rod Kass of Bisbee’s Cafe Roka.
- Monday, November 10: Admire the Huachuca Mountains’ prime raptor grounds with Northern Goshawk and others at Fort Huachuca. The tour concludes with a picnic lunch to tide you on your way home.
- Please note the Sunday evening the capstone event for this tour will be a fabulous 9-Course Wine Pairing Dinner, hosted by Rod and Sally Kass (Cafe Roka, Bisbee). Rod and Sally will present several SE Arizona wines, paired with some of their own creations for a multiple course dinner that will amaze you. This is one of the most popular events at Casa de San Pedro, so book early!
The tour includes 3 nights lodging at the Casa, Welcome Reception and Dinner on Friday, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Saturday, Sunday, and Breakfast and Lunch on Monday. Also included is local transportation to the birding and winery sites, a professional bird guide, and of course the specacular Cafe Roka wine pairing dinner at the Casa on Sunday evening. And each participant will receive a voucher for $30 to spend on either a wine tasting or the purchase of any wines at the tasting room. Cost per person is $895.00 (double occupancy) or $1140 for a single. Book your tour online on the NaturalistJourneys.com website - just look for the Wine and Birds tour at the top of the Fall tours list. Download the PDF of the tour information.