An enchanting oasis surrounded by the beauty of Southern Arizona
Enjoy fine cuisine, comfortable accommodations and breathtaking scenery... Casa de San Pedro - A Naturalists Haven in SE Arizona.
The Most Romantic Inn in Arizona - A Naturalists Haven!
Casa de San Pedro Bed and Breakfast is a nationally-acclaimed Arizona inn 90 miles from Tucson, near Ramsey Canyon, Bisbee, and Sierra Vista. The Inn is on 10 acres adjacent to the San Pedro River and Riparian National Conservation Area. Here you can view 355 species of birds and hundreds of butterflies. Experts agree Casa de San Pedro is one of the most romantic Arizona getaways and the most upscale Southern Arizona Bed and Breakfast. Naturalists, bird watchers, history buffs and environmentalists herald the inn as a world-class accommodation with a heart. One seasoned travel writer exclaimed that the Casa is "90 miles from Tucson, but only inches from Heaven".
- World Class Birdwatching
- Old West History
- Naturalist setting - get close to nature !
- Comfort and Great Hospitality!
Ten guest rooms, each with private baths, are dressed in fine linens and have tables and chairs just outside their windows on the courtyard walkway.
- Now Also Available 1 Guest Suite - One Bedroom, One Bath, Guest Suite that will accommodate up to 4 guests: with Full Bath, TV, Full Kitchen, 1 King Bed in Master Bedroom and a Double Bed (fold out couch) in the Living Room, Patio. Minimum three night stay required. $250/night Sunday through Thursday, $275 Friday & Saturday nights, for up to 4 guests. Breakfasts in the main Dining Room may be added for an extra fee. Light housekeeping is provided every third day (sheet changes, towel refresh, etc). Additional housekeeping services are available at a small additional charge on request.Afternoon pies, coffee/tea all day are included. Perfect for a family or small groups.
Guests enjoy sitting by the courtyard and savoring the afternoon light with a piece of our home-made pie or a glass of wine. The inn offers a perfect setting for your birding adventure, hiking, biking or other nature focused exploration, and for romantic getaways or family reunions and weddings - or just relaxing in the warm hospitality provided by your hosts.
Our Arizona inn captures the atmosphere of the old inns of Spain and Mexico, where visitors were treated as invitados bienmirado (highly regarded and honored guests) and were lavished with personal attention. At Casa de San Pedro, you are invitados bienmirado. Our goal is to provide you a special experience and ensure your comfort while visiting Southeastern Arizona.
ENJOY THE GLORY OF SE ARIZONA! - If you enjoy GREAT birding, SUNSHINE, and gentle breezes, Mountain Canyons filled with birds - NOW is the perfect time to come to SE Arizona and Casa de San Pedro.
- Plan now for your Fall and Winter Birding Adventures - Here we are already in August 2014 and our Monsoon rains arrived right on time for the 4th of July. The rains have turned our habitat green and lush, the flowers of the fields will bloom, and the Fall Migration (Hummingbirds!) are returning. Tthe number of migrants is increasing daily.
- Fall (late October) brings the return of our Winter Birds - the Sandhill Cranes come back to Whitewater Draw (along with many waterfowl) by late October.
- Many local festivals and special events are scheduled throughout the Fall in Bisbee, Sierra Vista, and at the vineyards in Wilcox and Elgin.
- Join Peg Abbott of Naturalist Journeys for a Birds and Wines of SE Arizona tour at the Casa - November 7, 8, and 9. Tour the great birding areas of SE Arizona, celebrate the arrivals of our many winter birds, and tour some of our great wineries along the way. And on Sunday, November 9, enjoy a Wine Pairing Dinner hosted by Rod and Sally Kass of Cafe Roka, at the Casa. This dinner is one of our most popular events of the year so make your reservations early.
- Casa de San Pedro and Kathe Anderson will host a "Ducks/Not Ducks" workshop the weekend of November 21/22. And by then the trees along the River will be in full color - Join us for a Fall Weekend of birding, colorful trees, and great weather!
- Holiday Dinners: Our Thanksgiving Feast is SOLD OUT.
- But you can still book your reservations for our Holiday Dinner on December 25 (Roast Prime Rib, Outrageous seafood appetizer bar, and lots of cheer! And we will also prepare a fantastic New Year's Eve dinner (dine in and avoid having to drive to local restaruants to celebrate the New Year). Both dinners require lodging reservations at the Casa and please reserve your spaces in advance.
- Holiday Bird Tours: We will once again feature our collaboration with the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory (www.sabo.org). Plan to join us for any or all of a three day tour to all of our SE Arizona birding hotspots with Sheri Williamson and Tom Wood from the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory (www.sabo.org) on December 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31.
Our Holiday Bird Tour will feature day tours from the Casa to:
The San Rafael Valley (Patagonia, Patagonia Lake, Elgin) - Dec 26 and Dec 29
The San Pedro River and the Huachuca Canyons - Dec 27 and Dec 30
The Sulphur Springs Valley and Whitewater Draw - Dec 28 and Dec 31
You may join one or all of the 6 days of the tour, and return to the Casa to pour over your bird list as you enjoy a piece of homemade pie!
Birding 101/102 Seminar with Kathe Anderson, January 16, 17,18. Beginning birding techniques for even experienced birders.
- In January we will co-host a trip to Costa Rica with our friend Peg Abbott of Naturalist Journeys. Join us for an adventure to another of the world's best naturalist habitats, with great birding and excellent guides and lodging. January 23 to 30. Details at www.naturalistjourneys.com This Tour is Currently SOLD OUT.
- Annual Valentines Romantic Dinner: Saturday, February 14. Bring your sweetie and enjoy a relaxing and romantic weekend at the Casa!
- Birding 103 with Kathe Anderson, February 28 & March 1
. So come to SE Arizona, relax, exeprience fabulous birding, and be cool !